PORTLAND BADMINTON CLUB MEMBERSHIP TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- INTERPRETATION AND VARIATION
- 1.1 These are the Terms and Conditions of Membership (“Terms & Conditions”) incorporated into the membership agreement between The Portland Badminton Club and each Member (“the Membership Agreement”).
- 1.2 The Portland Badminton Club reserves the right to vary and revoke these Terms & Conditions from time and in addition to make, vary and revoke the by‐laws which it may consider necessary or desirable for the regulation of the internal affairs of The Portland Badminton Club and the conduct of members and their guests. Any such changes will be notified to members and, until revoked, are binding on members.
- ACCEPTANCE & COMMENCEMENT OF MEMBERSHIP
- 2.1 Acceptance of an application for membership is in the absolute discretion of The Portland Badminton Club.
- 2.2 Subject to paragraph 2.1, when an applicant that has signed the Membership Agreement and The Portland Badminton Club has received his/her initiation fee and first dues, he/her shall become a member of The Portland Badminton Club with which he/she registered and shall be entitled to all the privileges of his/her membership of The Portland Badminton Club.
- PAYMENT TERMS & AGREEMENTS
- 3.1 Initiation fees and subscription fees shall be determined by The Portland Badminton Club and may be subject to change from time to time without notice. Details of all fees are available from The Portland Badminton Club Website.
- 3.2 The annual membership or 6 month subscription fee can be paid either in full or monthly credit card payments. We accept- Credit Card, Debit Card, or Paid in full Checks or cash. Any member, who falls behind in payment for more than 2 days will, be charged an additional auto debit of $25 reactivation fee.
- 3.3 Photo ID is required for membership subscription.
- 3.4 The first subscription fees that a member pays on joining The Portland Badminton Club will be a ‘starter Payment’, which includes the Initiation Fee, The Portland Badminton Club and first months payment. The next month’s payment will begin on their first day of the following month of the PBC membership commences.
- 3.5 Continuing Portland Badminton Club Membership. The next month’s payment will begin on their first day of the following month of the PBC membership commences.
- 3.6 The PBC member agrees to be charged on a continuing monthly basis upon exceeding their (6) month or annual membership. Cancellation may occur at any point after exceeding there (6) month or Annual Membership.
- 3.7 Annual or (6) month’s membership fees must be paid in accordance with the Terms and Conditions irrespective of whether or not the member uses The Portland Badminton Club facilities.
- 4.1 For cancellation of Annual or (6) Months of The Portland Badminton Club membership. MEMBER must cancel the Portland Badminton Club membership in the last month of the (6) months membership or the last month of the Annual membership.
- 4.2 Membership Cancellation Processes of the Annual or (6) Month membership. The PBC Member must send an e mail to (RC@Portlandbadmintonclub.com)
- 4.3 Include PBC members General Information.
- 4.4 Confirmation E-mail of cancellation will be sent
- 4.5. (No Phone Messages accepted for cancellation).
- 4.6. Portland Badminton Club monthly Payments are non‐refundable.
- 4.7 It is the responsibility of the member to cancel his/her Direct Debit, Credit Card. Etc. With their bank or financial institution prior to termination of their membership. The Portland Badminton Club cannot he held liable for any payments processed due to the failure of a member not canceling their Direct Debit, Credit card. Etc.
- 4.8 (Zero Tolerance Behavior)The Portland Badminton Club reserves the right to expel from The Portland Badminton Club, suspend for a specific period, or refuse to renew the membership of any member whose conduct is or may, in The Portland Badminton Club reasonable opinion, be detrimental to the character of The Portland Badminton Club, amounts to a breach of the Terms and Conditions, or where such expulsion is otherwise in the interests of the other members of the Center membership and shall not be entitled to any repayment of his Initiation fee or monthly/annual payment/‘ Starter Payment’, or ‘connecting classes’ for any period during which his/her membership is suspended.
- 5.1 Members are required to give written notice to The Portland Badminton Club of any change of address. Failing such notice, all communications shall be assumed to have been received by the member within 5 days of mailing to the last address notified to The Portland Badminton Club.
- 5.2 The Portland Badminton Club reserves the right to refuse admission into the PBC.
- 5.3 The Portland Badminton Club may, if a member so wishes, communicates with the member by electronic mail (“email”). By providing an email address The Portland Badminton Club, the member consents to receiving email communications from The Portland Badminton Club, including notices pursuant to these Terms and Conditions. The member also accepts the risk that the email may not be a secure and confidential means of communication. The Portland Badminton Club will not be liable for any loss or damage suffered as a result of communicating with a member by email.
- RULES AND REGULATION
Portland Badminton club members, guests, and coaches (hereinafter referred as “participants”) must thoroughly review all our rules and regulations before using The Portland Badminton Club These rules & regulations are designed to allow all participants to enjoy the new facility in a way that will be safe and productive. The Portland Badminton Club management reserves the right to vary and revoke these Rules & Regulation from time to time in addition to make, vary and revoke any by‐laws which may consider necessary or desirable for the regulation of the internal affairs of The Portland Badminton Club and the conduct of the participants. Any such changes will be posted in the Portland Badminton Club gym immediately. Please do not hesitate to contact The Portland Badminton Club staff members should you have any questions.
- The Portland Badminton Club seeks, enrolls, and maintains memberships without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation or age. It is further The Portland Badminton Club policy that no circumstance or conduct undertaken by The Portland Badminton Club personnel shall have the effect of discrimination on the basis of any of aforementioned classifications. All The Portland Badminton Club members shall have full and equal access to the center facility. All members with disabilities shall be entitled to reasonable accommodations for their physical and mental impairments. Any members with disabilities shall be entitled to reasonable accommodations for their physical and mental impairments. Any member who believes that he/she is/has been treated unfairly on any of the aforementioned matters should first report to management team of The Portland Badminton Club
- Participants must check‐in at The Portland Badminton Club reception counter. Please sign in on the White Book when checking in. The Portland Badminton Club staff reserves the right to refuse entry to any participants without proper identification.
- Participants are required to sign The Portland Badminton Club liability release form. This is required for insurance and liability purposes for The Portland Badminton Club facility.
- Paying the guest ‘drop‐in’ fee enables the guest to enter and use the PBC facility as a guest until he or she leaves The Portland Badminton Club facility. There is absolutely NO free “re‐entry.”
- Details of ‘Drop‐in’ fees are available from The Portland Badminton Club website and are subject to change from time to time.
- The Portland Badminton Club Management reserves the right to limit the number of ‘drop‐in’ guests for players to use the facility at any time.
- Rackets/Shuttles are not for Free usage. Please provide your own.
- All coaching is controlled by The Portland Badminton Club and should be arranged with its knowledge and consent. Coaching is undertaken by qualified coaches appointed by The Portland Badminton Club and no other coaching is permitted unless advance permission is gained from The Portland Badminton Club management.
- The Portland Badminton Club reserves the right at any time without prior notice to set aside facilities for tournaments, exhibitions and other social activities, Sports Activities
- The Portland Badminton Club cannot be held responsible for any service or equipment not being available for whatever reason. PBC reserves the right to make alterations to the type of facilities provided, without notice and in its absolute discretion and The Portland Badminton Club shall not be liable for any loss occasioned by such alterations except in so far as such loss is by law incapable of exclusion.
- Participants are allowed to bring any outside food and drinks to the PBC facility. Anyone who eats will have to dispose the outside food or drinks.
- No food or drinks are allowed on the badminton courts.
- The Portland Badminton Club pro shop merchandises and services and sold “as‐is”.
- The Portland Badminton Club does not allow smoking, gum chewing, animals or weapons in the facility. Anyone found to be violating this policy will be required to leave the PBC premises immediately without refund any may be barred from entering The Portland Badminton Club premises in the future.
- Children under the age of 11 must be under adult supervision except for taking lessons, participating in program Lessons. Children over the age of 7 may not enter Restrooms or other areas reserved for the opposite sex, regardless of whether they are accompanied by an adult.
- The Portland Badminton Club is not responsible for any lost or stolen items. Items left on the premise will be kept for up to 3 days and donated to charity if not claimed.
- Participants should not use any piece of the gym equipment without prior instruction. Participants should ask The Portland Badminton Club staff on how to use new or unfamiliar equipment.
- Participants must at all times observe The Portland Badminton Club by‐laws and guidelines which may be notified to them from time to time and requested to comply with any reasonable directions which the management may issue to ensure the smooth operation of The Portland Badminton Club for the convenience of participants.
- Participants are subject to the control and guidance of The Portland Badminton Club staff, and must follow their instructions while in the facility. Participants agree to conduct themselves in a quiet and well‐mannered fashion when in the Club and not cause any disturbances or interfere with the safe use or enjoyment of the Club by other participants.
- The development and use of appropriate language is promoted. Obscene language, gestures, swearing, profanity, blasphemy, and other offensive behavior any kind is not allowed. Harassment is forbidden.
- Participants shall not conduct, purchase or subscribe to any commercial business or activity on PBC premises or solicit other participants for any reason without The Portland Badminton Club prior written consent. Under no circumstances shall participants interfere with The Portland Badminton Club conduct of its business. Any complaints, other than those of an emergency nature or requiring immediate attention by The Portland Badminton Club staff, shall be made directly to the management in private.
- Participants are requested to wear suitable sport exercise clothing while at The Portland Badminton Club facility. The Portland Badminton Club management reserves the right to deny entry to the club by any person whose attire is considered by The Portland Badminton Club staff to be inappropriate in connection with the public image of the club attire is permitted in the club.
- Participants must wear badminton shoes, or appropriate light colored, non‐marking sole, in‐door sports shoes, while playing on the badminton courts. No bare feet/flip flops/hiking shoes/smart casual shoes allowed on the badminton courts.
Participants found violating this policy will have to leave The Portland Badminton Club premises immediately and will not be entitled to any refund.
HEALTH AND CONCERNS
- Participants should consult with their physician before using our services and facilities. Participants must understand and acknowledge The Portland Badminton Club staff has no expertise in diagnosing, examining or treating any medical condition.
- Participants agree that they will not use The Portland Badminton Club facility with any medical condition including infections, maladies or inability to maintain personal hygiene, if such condition poses a direct health or safety of other Participants, and agree they will use the facility in accordance with all applicable public health requirements. The Portland Badminton Club management reserves the right, however, to make the final determination in this regard.
WAIVER AND RELEASE
- Participants agree that by engaging in any physical in any physical exercise, class or activity, or by using any The Portland Badminton Club equipment or facility on the premises, the participants do so at their own risk. This includes, without limitation, the use of the equipment, Restrooms, parking area, or sidewalk and their participation in any activity, class, program or instruction now or in the near future made available. Participants agree that they are voluntarily taking part in these activities and use of the facility and assume all risk of injury, or the contraction of any illness or medical condition that might result thereof of any damage, loss or theft of any personal property. Participants agree to release and discharge The Portland Badminton Club, all affiliates, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns from any and all claims or causes of action (known or unknown) arising out of The Portland Badminton Club negligence.
TERMINATION OF ANY AND ALL EXISTING PORTLAND BADMINTON CLUB CONTRACTS
The Portland Badminton Club LLC and Its Representatives at sole discretion can terminate any and all existing PBC membership contracts. Questions please send e mail to PBC management. Rc@PortlandBadmintonClub.com
PARTICIPANTS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THEY HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS WAIVER AND RELEASE AND FULLY UNDERSTAND THAT IT IS A RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY. IN ADDITION, THEY HEREBY WAIVE ANY RIGHT THAT THEY MAY HAVE, BY OR ON BEHALF OF THEIR SPOUSE OR ANY CHILD (MINOR OR OTHERWISE), TO BRING A LEGAL ACTION OR ASSERT A CLAIM FOR INJURY OR LOSS OF ANY KIND AGAINST US FOR OUR NEGLIGENCE OR ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO PARTICIPATION BY THE PARTICIPANTS, THEIR SPOUSE OR CHILD IN ANY OF THE ACTIVITIES, OR USE OF THE EQUIPMENT, FACILITIES OR SERVICES WE PROVIDE AS DESCRIBED IN THIS PARAGRAPH, OR ON ACCOUNT OF ANY ILLNESS OR ACCIDENT, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF THEIR PERSONAL
Term and Condition Agreement. I have read this fully and understand the terms.
WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY
- I agree to be bound by the rules and regulations of the International Badminton Federation and those of The Portland Badminton Club and I hereby stipulate that I am eligible to play in the events for which I am applying and that I understand that the above mentioned make no representation or warranty with respect to the condition of the premises or the operation of the event.
- I hereby grant to The Portland Badminton Club, it’s licensees and contractee’s including photographers, television and motion picture rights including to film or videotape me during matches, narratives, personal interviews, or comment thereon for any and all commercial, news or other purposes together with the right to transfer or grant their rights to others, all without remuneration or compensation to me whatsoever.
- Portland Badminton Club. Bank Charge backs. (A $50 fees will be Auto charged.)
I have read this Release of Liability and Waiver Agreement, fully and understand the terms, understand that I have given up substantial rights by signing it, and sign it freely and voluntarily without any inducement. And I further acknowledge by their presence that I am aware that DRUG TESTING may occur at this event.
For Participants of Minority Age
This is to certify that I/We as parent(s)/ guardian(s) with legal responsibility for this participant, do consent and agree not only to his/her release, but also for myself, ourselves and my/our child involvement as stated above, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES, to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Copyright © Portland Badminton club reserves all rights for the contents published on our website, and the contents are subject to change